Monday 7 November 2011

Precious Baby in Pink, Cream, and Brown


 I look at card challenge blogs every so often, usually if I am in need of some inspiration.  I have never participated because I didn't have a blog to link to.  I know you can often email entries, but I didn't ever seem to get around to it.  This time however, when I went to the Crafty Cardmakers blog, and saw that they gave a challenge of using pink, brown, and cream as a colour combination, I knew I had the perfect card to enter!

I started out with a piece of 8.5"x11" cardstock that I cut lengthwise so I had a piece measuring 4.25"x11".  I scored the fold lines at 3.5" and 9" to make a gate fold card.  I chose some lovely embossed cardstock from American Crafts in pink and cream.  I cut two pieces of the pink measuring 3.75"x4" and 1.75"x4", and two slightly smaller cream pieces measuring 3.5"x3.75" and 1.5"x3.75.  I traced a scallop template on the backs of the two larger pieces of cardstock, taking care that the scallops would line up when I put them together, and cut them out.  

I stamped the sentiment and image on the larger cream piece of cardstock and I adhered it to the corresponding piece of pink cardstock.  I tied a piece of pink ribbon in a knot with a piece of brown ribbon and I adhered that to the left of my stamped image.  I then attached the small piece of cream to the small piece of pink.

Before adhering these to the card front, I used Zots to attach more brown ribbon to the card itself. One piece went on the edge of the left flap, and the other piece went on the fold edge of the right flap.  Since the scallop edge will overlap the right flap, attaching the ribbon on the fold side of the right flap will allow the  two ribbons to be tied together.

 I added the coloured cardstock to the card front, and added some jewels to the stroller and the sentiment, and then I used some pink chalk to add a bit of shadow to the words and the wheels of the stroller.  Once a nice bow tied the card closed I was done!

My cards are usually a bit more decorated than this but I thought it was cute enough that it didn't need much more.  I was happy with the end result and my friend who received it appreciated the gesture. :)

Below are the supplies I used: 

Card stock:  Stampin Up! Crumb Cake, American Crafts embossed specialty cardstock in pink and cream.

Ink:  Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip, Pebbles Classic Chalk pencils in peony.

Stamps: KI Memories Little One Icons set

Template:  Kiwi Lane Designs Mini Scallops.

Embellishments: Stampin Up!  Basic Jewels Rhinestones

Ribbon:  Offray Ribbon in Light Pink, Offray Spool O' Ribbon (brown eyelet)

Adhesive:  Zots, Tombow Mono Permanent adhesive runner.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card - love the eyelet ribbon!!! Thanks for making your first blog challenge card for us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card - the ribbons are great.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
    Hugs, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)