Wednesday 29 February 2012

Spring is coming, or so they tell me...

Happy Leap Day everyone!  Today's card I'm entering in the spring challenge at the cuttlebug spot.  This challenge came at a good time because after the last storm we had I think it may be awhile before spring arrives in person. :)


I started with Tim Holtz's Seasonal Paper Stash.  I used a strip from the 6x6 sized print of vintage seed packets.  I love this print as it reminds me of my Nanny and Grampy's garden that they had when I was young, and going with Grampy to pick out seeds. 

I chose cardstock, ribbon and ink to coordinate with the print.  After stamping and embossing with my Cuttlebug, I added some ink with a Ranger Inksentials tool to bring out the embossed pattern on the background, and around the edges of all of the pieces with an artist sponge. It seems that these days I can't help but ink everything!  I decided not to add a sentiment because its always nice to have a pretty notecard on hand as you never know when you will need one. 

I love how this card turned out! Perhaps spring isn't as far away as I thought. :)

Here is my list of supplies:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up!  Rich Razzleberry textured, Very Vanilla.  Recollections Kraft.  Tim Holtz Seasonal Paper Stash.

Stamps:  Fancy Pants "Little Star" clear set.

Ink:  Stampin' Up! Rich Razzleberry, Mango Mambo, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip.

Embellishments:  Stampin' Up! Hemp Twine.  Purple satin ribbon from my stash.

Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug paper Lace II.

Other tools:  We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, paper trimmer, Ranger Inksentials blending tool, artist sponge.

Adhesives:  Tombo Mono permanent adhesive runner, foam squares, Mini Glue Dots.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty spring card. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug spot this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)