Friday 2 March 2012

Perfect Pinwheels

I mentioned in my last post that I visit You Tube on occasion and I found yet another video that inspired today's card.  About the time that CHA was going on I saw several videos featuring pinwheel dies that of course I was lusting over, but when I saw the Simon Says Stamp video that shows how you can make simple pinwheels without any dies I immediately started thinking about what I could do with them!


As usual I started out with the pattern  papers -- this time using several sheets from My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Girl collection.  After Selecting coordinating card stock, ribbon, and ink, I set out to make the pinwheels. They were really easy!  If you like this look I definitely recommend watching the video I have linked below.  Of the two methods described I used the glue dot method.


In addition to these being so easy and fast to complete, I like that you can make these pinwheels any size you like.  I made mine with card stock cut at 2" square.

After the pinwheels were assembled cutting the card stock, inking the edges, stamping images, and putting everything together went pretty quickly.  I decided to make a gate-fold card and I stamped the inside with a cute bird image from the coordinating stamp set Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink.  This card is so cute!



I love this card!  Ive decided to enter it in several challenges:
  1.   Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog -- Anything Goes
  2.   Pile it On -- Fun Folds 
  3.   Allsorts Challenge Blog -- Anything Goes 
  4.   Pretty Little Ribbon Shop Blog -- Anything Goes

Supplies used are as follows:

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up!  Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, textured Melon Mambo.  My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Girl 6x6 pad.

Stamps:   My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink, My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue, Ki Memories Party Icons.

Ink:  Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip.

Embellishments:  American Crafts satin ribbon, Recollections brads, buttons from my stash.

Adhesives:  Tombow Mono permanent adhesive runner, Skor Tape, Glue Dots, foam squares.

Other tools:  Paper trimmer, scissors, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, artist sponge.

3 comments:

  1. A very cute card! I love the pin wheels!

    Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop blog.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - love all the different papers you've used!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card, the colours and textures of the pinwheels are sensational!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)