Sunday 17 June 2012

A Fancy Cup of Tea

I won a new stamp set a few weeks ago from the Speedy Fox Challenge - you can see my original card that won here - called "Relax a Bit:".  Its really cute with a teapot and a teacup, which is great because I collect teapots. :)  I wasn't sure what  to do with it at first so I just sat down with the set, some inks and papers, and this is the card I came up with:


It is not the colour scheme I usually go for, but I think it turned out ok.  I started with a My Minds Eye 6x6 pad and chose some pinks patterns, and som patterns with some teal shades. I decided to use the gingham pattern as the background and made all of the other decisoins from there. 

Once everthing was trimmed and die cut to size I stamped the images I watned in white and die cut them with my Spellbinders circles.  I also embossed the circles with the tan Spellbinders mat and inked all components with brown inks.  I adhered the background papers and added twine, then matted the stamped images and adhered them with foam tape for dimentsion.  This panel was adhered to the card front.  The circles went over the edge a bit so I trimmed with my sissors, and I decided that the card needed a bit more sparkle.  I added some rhinestones to the images and the sparkly multifacited gems I had gotten at Micheals on sale.  All done!

This was a fun card to make because I didn't really have an end result in mind so I just played with it until I was done.  I think it is a fun result! 

I used the following supplies:

Cardstock: Stampin' Up!  Crumb Cake, Whisper White.  My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up 6x6 pad.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Relax a Bit

Ink:  Color Box Fluid Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan, Creamy Brown

Embellishments:  We R Memory Keepers Baker's Twine, Recollections Gemstone Stickers, rhinestones from stash.

Adhesives:  Scotch ATG, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, scissors, bone folder, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Small and Large, sponge.


I am entering into the following challenges:
  1.  Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes 
  2. The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes 
  3. Moving Along with the Times - Lets Get Krafty 

5 comments:

  1. Hey there Cathy, thank you for sharing your creation with the nice cuppa's of tea with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, great idea and love the colors. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cards just my cup of tea! Lol - couldn't help myself :) - lovely image and pretty papers hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say thanks for playing ay MTTC this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink with the neutral Kraft Cathy and cute image - I'm off to put the kettle on!
    Thanks for getting Krafty with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenges this week.
    Hugs, Bente

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)