Monday 25 June 2012

Woven Ribbon Cardfront - I love ribbon!

As you may have gathered from the name of this blog, I really love ribbon.  If you read my last post (or click here) you know I was lucky enough to be asked to write a tutorial based on this original card.  Of course, to do a tutorial I had to make a new card and this is what I came up with:


I started with the stamp set  "Relax a Bit" from Marks Finest Papers that I won from a Speedy Fox challenge a few weeks back.  I love this stamp set!  I collect teapots so it was the perfect addition to my stamp collection.  I thought that the Authentique 6x6 Gathering collection would go well with this set.  Once I decided on patterns I chose ribbons and card stock to coordinate. 

I cut, scored, and die cut all of the basic pieces, then heat embossed the images I wanted to use on the patterned paper in black.  This is the first time I paper pieced with embossing and I found it really easy to cut everything out as I could almost let the raised image guide my scissors. It also helped me stay in the lines when colouring.  I used my craft knife to cut out the handle of the teapot and the inside of the teabag string.




Once I had all of my elements ready I completed the woven ribbon panel.  I adhered the panel to the card front with Scotch ATG adhesive and glue dots.  Because the ribbon panel is quite heavy it is important to use a strong adhesive.  The die cut piece was foam taped over the top.



I added some faux stitching, adhered the teapot, added some twine, and Prima flowers.  I glued the teabag to the Prima flowers, and foam taped the sentiment at the bottom.  This card took some time to make, but I think it was worth it!



 Since the front had so much going on I kept the inside simple with just a stamped verse.  I love this quote!  This would be a great card for a pick-me-up.



Again, I made this card because Debbie from Friends of Speedy TV asked me to write this tutorial for them.  If  you haven't already, take some time to visit Friends of Speedy TV.  They have a great tutorial section among other fun things.  You won't regret you did!  :)

I used the following  supplies:

Cardstock:  Gina K Pure Luxury 120# Pure Ivory, Stampin' Up!  Very Vanilla.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Relax a Bit.

Ink:  Versamark Watermark Ink, Stampin' Up! Black Embossing Powder, Memento Tuxedo Black.

Markers:  Bic Mark Its Sunset Orange, Hot Aqua.  Black felt tip marker.

Ribbon:  American Crafts Premium Satin Ribbon.

Embellishments:  Prima Flowers Mellise Nature Garden,  Stampin' Up!  Basic Jewels Rhinestones.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Stampin' Up|!  Sticky Strip, Zots, Quickie Glue Pen, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Small, heat tool, Fiskars craft knife.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
  1. Pause Dream Enjoy - #22 Use your favourite quote or verse.
  2. Papertake Weekly - Bingo! (Ribbon/ Free (Gems)/ Blooms)
  3. Allsorts - Any die will do
  4. Pile it On - Make your own embellishments
  5. Friends of Speedy TV Tutorial Time - Heat Embossing

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful embossing and woven ribbon! Thanks for joining us for Tutorial Time at Speedy TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you embossed the tea pot & tea bag! Beautiful job with the weaving too. Thanks for joining us this week at SpeedyTV Tutorial Time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a bright and fun card!!! I love that stamp set too. Thanks for joining us this week at Tutorial Time at Speedy TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card - awesome embossing and the ribbons are lovely! Thanks for joining us at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV this week - and we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the weaven card front very cute! Great project! Thanks for joining us at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A LOT of work on that ribbon background. Looks great. Thanks for joining TTSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. I love this technique and can't wait to try it. Thanks for trying the Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV technique and joining the fun. We hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love what you did with the ribbon! Very cool technique and your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing job1 THe card looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous! All that texture and such a fabulous sentiment that fits the card perfectly!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creative idea and such a well made, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cathy! I love your ribbon creations. This is outstanding! WOW! Just love it. Thanks for entering it into our Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. HUGS! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)