Monday 20 August 2012

Craft Your Passion #124 The Power of Three

Hi Everyone, its time for another Craft Your Passion challenge.  This week the theme is "The Power of Three".  This is what I came up with:


This was a fun one as I really let myself play.  I was fortunate enough to be able choose an image from sponsor Crafty Sentiments Designs, and I decided to go with this one called "Tess Summer Fun"  I coloured her with my alcohol markers, and then decided to do something a little different.  Once I inked the edges with light brown ink I went over the whole thing with Versamark ink and added some ultra thick embossing powder. Once heated, I added some glitter to the hot embossing.  Once cooled I added another layer of embossing powder.  I love how it turned out!  I thought about doing the crackled glass technique again but decided I liked it as is. In the below image you can sort of see how the glitter appears:


Once my image was completed I chose coordinating card stock and patterned paper.  I adhered the main panel first, added three strips of ribbon and flower brads, added the panel to the card base, and then adhered the image with foam tape over the ribbon.

I decorated the centre with an inked panel of cream and a scrap of the pattern I used.



Don't you want to join in the fun?  Create your project and add it to the inlinkz at Craft Your Passion  by August 26th so that you can be entered into the draw.  See the blog for details on prizes!  And if you feel you need more inspiration the DT have created some beautiful projects.  Feel free to visit their blogs and tell them what you think!  :)


I used the following supplies:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up!  Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Recollections Kraft, Gina K Designs  120# Pure White, Fancy Pants Its the Little Things 6x6 Paper Pad.

Stamp:  Digital - Crafty Sentiments Tess Summer Fun

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Versamark Watermark Ink.

Embossing: Ranger Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel

Markers:  Copic E00, E21, R20, 0.  Bic Mark Its Margarita Green, Rambunctious Red, Forest Green, Key  Lime, Blue Skies Blue, Oceanview Blue, Tiki Hut Tan, Polynesian Purple, Plumtastick Purple, Yellow Blaze, Summer Melon, Sunset Orange, Pink Flamingo. 

Embellishments: American Crafts Premium Satin Ribbon, Creative Charms flower brads, Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam sqares, Zots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, We R Memory Keepers brad setting tool, Ranger Ink blending tool.

I would like to enter into the following challenges:
  1. Everybody Art - Summer
  2. Ribbon Carousel - Celebrating Summer
  3. Party Time Tuesdays - Garden Delights
  4. Simon Says Stamp and Show - No Rules

4 comments:

  1. I love your idea about embedding the glitter between layers of EP - I bet it is even prettier in real life Cathy!

    ~ginny
    CYP Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now she's just cute, cute! Great idea to use glitter with the embossing powder. It's a cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy I just love this. The colours and layout are just perfect. Hope you are having a fab Tuesday. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable!

    I do hope you will check out our Building Friendships Blog Hop- everyone is giving away prizes. If you would like to participate in the future, just email me and I will invite you to join.

    http://heidishappystamping.blogspot.com/2012/08/building-friendships-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)