Tuesday 18 September 2012

A Cup of Tea

I've been a member of the Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps design team for several weeks now and I am can't wait for the new stamps for September to arrive - I am soooo excited! In the meantime I've made several cards with the sets I already have.  Today I'll show you the first of what I came up with:


This card started with the background.  I recently got a few bottles of Mister Huey and of course I had to play with them to see what they can do. I sprayed a piece of white with three shades and I love how saturated the colours are.  They also blend really well.  So far I'm hooked!


Once I had the background I had a pretty clear idea of what I wanted to do with the rest of the card.  I inked the edges with creamy brown and stamped the teacup and teabag with a shade of chalk ink that coordinates with the background, so it almost blends in but not enough so you can't see it, then I stamped the sentiment over this in black.  I added ribbon and embellishments, then adhered the panel to the kraft card base with foam tape.  This was a fairly quick card, and much more simple than I usually do, but I find with the spray not much more is needed.



Since this is just a note card I kept the inside simple with in inked piece of white  and a teabag stamped in the same colour as on the front.  I think this is a really cute card that you could send someone just to let them know you are thinking of them.  :)



I used the following products to make my card:

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up!  Crumb Cake, Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Pure White.

Stamps:  Marks Finest Papers Relax a Bit.

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Sour Apple, Creamy Brown.  Memento Tuxedo Black.

Mists:  Mr. Huey Buttercup, Mint Julip, Manila.

Embellishments:  Scrappin' Supplies Rhinestones, Marks Finest Papers Paper Flowers, May Arts Black Seam Binding, We R Memory Keepers Blue Lagoon Bakers Twine.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Foam Squares, Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, Ranger Blending Tool, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper


I would like to enter into the following challenges:
  1. Creative Craft Challenges - Anything Goes
  2. Hiding in My Craft Room - Distressed

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cathy .. stunning! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great project! Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)