Monday 24 September 2012

MFP Sneak Peek! Boo!

Welcome to my 100th post!  And what better way to celebrate than a sneak peak!! :)

Tomorrow is the big event when you get to see what the new Mark's Finest Papers stamp sets for September, and as its my first hop with the DT I am so excited! In the meantime, however, I'm allowed to show you some projects I've made with the new stamps.  Yesterday I showed you a card with a fun harvest pumpkin, today the fun continues Halloween card!!


Spooooky!  I love this little ghost!  I decided to keep things pretty monochromatic with black, white, and gray.  I first stamped my little ghost and coloured the image - basically I just added some shading to the ghost part and coloured the hands and feet - then fussy cut the image. 


I started with the front panel, a black piece matted with white.  I placed the image where I wanted then chose a pattern that I knew I wanted to mat with black. I figured out where my image would be, used my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders dies to cut the first circle, then marked where the circle was on the pattern.  I used the die that was the next size up to cut the circle from the pattern.  This ensures the circle is matted evenly.  Before adhering all of the pieces I inked all black pieces with white, and all white pieces with black - except for the image of course. I added some twine to the patterned panel and adhered it with foam tape.



The center was just an inked piece of white, a spare bat I had die cut for another project (spoiler alert!) and the sentiment.  I also carefully inked the edges of the card base with white.  Its Boo-tiful, don't you think!  ;)

Don't forget, the blog hop starts tomorrow mornng bright and early, and will continue until Friday. We members of the DT will be creating new projects each day with one of the new stamp sets.  Some stamp sets are up for grabs so make sure you stop by here or at the blog to find out the details.  I promise you won't be disappointed, the stamps are so cute!  See you then. :)


I used the following products for my project:

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs Onyx Black, Neenah Solar White, Teresa Collins Haunted Hallows.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers I'm Going Batty.

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up!  Whisper White.

Markers:  Copic 00, W3, W5, E00

Twine:  Twinery Charcoal

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and Small, Cottage Cuts Curly Bat Mini, sponge,.


I would like to enter into the following challenges:
  1. Creative Stamp Friends - New Stamps
  2. Hiding in My Craft Room - Halloween

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)