Sunday 23 September 2012

MFP Sneak Peek! Harvest Pumpkin.

If you have been following my blog over the last bit then you know that I've been eagerly awaiting my first shipment of stamps from Marks Finest Papers - the new sets for September.  Well, they came!!  This past Thursday actually, which since the stamps were coming from the States they came in a record amount of time.  I was soooo excited!  Of course I had to sit down and play with them right away.  Here is what I came up with:


This was a fairly quick card.  I stamped the pumpkin several times on cream cardstock with black pigment ink, then embossed with clear powder.  I coloured one pumpkin, corner rounded the edges and inked the edges with creamy brown.


I added some washi tape, twine, a flower and a button.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment and the cute little acorn stamp, coloured the acorn, and trimmed the strip of paper with banner ends.


Of course I inked the edges with more creamy brown and added it to the card with foam squares.


Aren't these stamps cute!  You will get to see the full stamp sets being released this month during our blog hop starting Tuesday September 25th until Friday September 28th.  Each day the members of the Senior DT will be making projects featuring a different set.  There are also some free stamp sets up for grabs so make sure you pop by my blog or the Marks Finest Papers blog on Tuesday to get all of the details!

Before then, however I think I will have one more sneak peek, probably posted tomorrow afternoon or a bit sooner.  There will also be another Craft Your Passion challenge starting tomorrow morning so make sure you come back to experience all of the excitement!  :)


I used the following to make my project:

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Pure Ivory, Stampin' Up!  Very Vanilla.

Stamps:  Marks Finest Papers Autumn Splendor.

Ink:  American Crafts Black Pigment ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown.

Embossing Powder:  Martha Stewart Clear Gloss.

Markers:  Bic Mark Its Sunset Orange, Margarita Green, Key Lime, Tiki Hut Tan, Honey Brown.

Embellishments:  My Minds Eye Indie Chic Tapes, May Arts Jute Twine, Marks Finest Papers Paper Flower, button from stash.

Adhesive:  Foam squares, glue dots, Scotch Quick Dry,.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Ranger Blending Tool, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.


I am entering the following challenges:
  1. Catered Crop - Knot now
  2. Papertake Weekly - A hazy shade of autumn.
  3. Simon Says Stamp and Show - Tape it up
  4. Creative Stamp Friends - New stamps
  5. Ribbon Carousel - Fall into Fall
  6. Simon Says Stamp - Emboss it

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card ...
    Thanks for joining us at "Creative Stampfriends"!

    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Cathy, I love how you've just coloured the one pumpkin, it's so effective and really pops.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)