Friday 14 September 2012

Pause Dream Enjoy #37 Use Red and Yellow


Its time for another Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge and this time we are asking you to make a project with red and yellow on it.  This is what I came up with:


The question this time is " What does the word SCHOOL make you think of? Yellow School Busses? Red Apples?"  I haven't been answering the questions on my projects since I'm not doing the tag book that many other DT members are doing, but I thought I would still make a school themed project with the colour scheme in mind.  For this reason I started with the ruler paper that already had a hint of red in it.

I cut it down to size, and sprayed it with some Smooch spritz - just a hint because I find if red spray gets too blotchy it makes me think of CSI if you know what I mean, lol.  Anyway once the mist was dry I chose my other cardstock colours, cut them down, inked the kraft and patterns in creamy brown (my go-to ink lately) and adhered them to make the main panel. After adding ribbon and twine I adhered the panel to the card front and added my sentiment and embellishments.  That little acrylic bauble is an apple which I thought was appropriate, and I think the sentiment would be great for someone who might need a bit of a pick-me-up before heading back to school


For the inside I layered some craft and some extra patterned paper.


Now its your turn!  This week our sponsor is Squigglefly and you could win your choice of three digital images from their store.  They have a huge selection so why not take some time to have a look at their store in the meantime?



Whether you link up here or at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges your project will be entered into the same draw.  So get creative, make something fun, link it up, and enjoy!  Don't forget to visit the other DT members and their inspiring work!


I used the following supplies to make my project:

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs Onyx Black, Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Authentique Blissful 6x6 pad.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Today Tomorrow and Always set.

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up!  Real Red, Smooch Spritz Cherry Ice

Ribbon:  Red grosgrain from stach, May Arts Jute twine

Embellishments:  Maya Road Vintage Embellishment Pack

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue, Zots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Ranger Blending Tool.


I would like to enter into the following challenges:
  1. Creative Stamp Friends - Distressed
  2. Allsorts - Layers
  3. Pile it On - Patterned Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)