Monday 29 October 2012

Craft Your Passion #134 Photo Inspiration

Its Monday so you know what that means - another challenge at Craft Your Passion challenges!  This time we are asking you to use the following photo for inspiration:


Here is what I came up with:


I started with the background first.  I cut a piece of Pink Paislee's Mistables to size (I love this stuff) and inked it with various shades of chalk ink to create a rainbow effect.  Since I didn't want the rainbow to be overwhelming I used small pieces of make up sponges to blend, instead of my blending tool. I made sure the rainbow blended out into a deep blue sky, then I inked the edges of the panel with the darkest navy colour.  Chalk inks work so well for this.  Lastly I sprayed the panel with some shimmery mists, and when dry I matted the piece with some navy card stock.


I thought the picture had kind of an autumn feel so I went with that and used my maple leaf stamps I carved myself.  You can read about them in this post.  I stamped my leaves using the rock and roll technique, but I wasn't as happy with the results since I used chalk ink instead of dye ink.  Dye ink definitely works better for the rock and roll technique.  But once I fussy cut the leaves, and inked the edges with brown. I like the end result.


I added the last of the leaf ribbon I had to the main panel, then added the sentment, leaves, and twine.  For dimension some of the elements were added with foam tape and some weren't.  The whole thing was adhered to a kraft card base.


For the center of the card I stamped some leaves in the corner of a scrap of kraft and matted the piece with some navy. 

Now its your turn!  Create your projects inspired by our inspiration photo and link them up at Craft Your Passion Challenges by Sunday November 4.  Even though we didn't use sponsor images this week, there are some great prizes to be had so be sure to see what is up for grabs back at the main blog!

As always, the DT has come up with some beautiful projects!  Be sure to have a look to help get your creative juices flowing! 


I used the following supplies to make my card:

Card Stock:  Neenah Desert Storm, Gina K Designs In the Navy, Pink Paislee Mistables.

Stamps:  Handcarved maple leaves, Stampin' Up! Kindness Matters.

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Tangerine, Lipstick Red, Yellow Ochre, Lime Pastel, French Blue, Wisteria, Blue Iris, Creamy Brown, Pumpkin Spice, Olive Pastel.

Mists:  Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Moonlight, Glacier, Frost.  Shimmerz Paints Chick a Dee, Heavy Metal. Mister Huey Manila.

Embellishments:  May Arts leaf ribbon, Sakura Glitter Pen Clear Star, May Arts Jute twine.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Scoring Board, Ranger Blending Tool, EK Success Flourish Square Punch.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
  1. Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Autumn Colours
  2. Papertake Weekly - Glitter and sparkle.
  3. Simon Says Stamp - Autumn leaves
  4. Hiding in my Craftroom - Thankful

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous Autumn card! I really appreciate the details and photographs you include in your posts...very helpful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inked background is just wonderful, and I love the leaves. Thanks for playing along with the Autumn Leaves Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card, and I finally joined as one of your followers because I've seen you around the blog world and always love the things you make. You have a true talent for paper crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wonderful, Cathy!!
    Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card, Love the paper you have used!!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)