Sunday 28 October 2012

Happy Yellow

I have a second card to share with you today and its not a Christmas card, lol.  This time I made a card with my favourite Mark's Finest Papers set from the October release.


I love this Cracked Hello set.  I wanted to do something a bit different than just stamping the image on plain cardstock, so I chose some patterned paper (more from the My Mind's Eye Indie Chic collection, so pretty) and stamped the cracked image on it.  I thought it might be fun to use the cracked glass technique over the stamp so I did just that by swiping the image, edge to edge, with Versamark ink and adding Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.  I added  three coats of the enamel and put the image in the freezer. 


After  I took my image out of the freezer and cracked it up.  I matted the image with kraft to flatten it out.  I've heard it said that you can't use UTEE on thinner paper but I don't think thats true if you are going to mat the piece like I've done here.  Just make sure if you do this that you put your adhesive edge to edge.


At this point I chose coordinating paper and adhered it to a kraft card base  I stamped a sentiment on kraft and punched it out with  a flourish square punch. The punch was inked, and added to the panel with some foam tape, and some jute twine added over that.  The whole panel was foam taped to the card base.


For embellishment I wanted to use the butterfly stamp so I also stamped it on patterned paper.  The reason for the patterned paper is that I wanted the butterfly to have some colour, but I didn't feel like colouring.  Once stamped I fussy cut the image, and added  two layers of UTEE.    The nice thing about this is that the enamel helps the butterfly keep its shape if you bend the wings like I did.  A few rhinestones finished off the card front. 

I really love how this card turned out, and the stamp set was really fun to play with!  :)


I used the following products for my card:

Card Stock:  Neenah Desert Storm, My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Nutmeg

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink Chestnut Roan, Creamy Brown, Versamark Watermark Ink, Ranger Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.

Embellishments:  Scrappin' Supplies rhinestones, May Arts jute twine.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart score board, Ranger Blending tool, heat tool, tweezers.


I would like to enter this card into the My Mind's Eye  Use your stamps challenge.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I especially like your use of bling. You used it so elegantly. And the UTEE use is brilliant! I came to your blog via the TwoPeas site. I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Cathy... love the embossed effect... Brilliant... your work & blog is fabulous joined as a follower... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing the technique instructions and products used so thoroughly. I love learning new techniques, and with your detailed instructions I am sure I will be able to try this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)