Monday 24 December 2012

Craft Your Passion #142 Alter it

Hi Everyone!  Merry Christmas!! It is Christmas Eve, and it is also a Monday, so that means its time for another Craft Your Passion Challenge.  This time we are asking you to alter something.  Your project does not have to be a card and you can alter anything you like.  For those of you who celebrate Christmas this will be a good reason to use up some of the leftover packaging, or wrapping paper you have after the gifts are all unwrapped.  In my case I decided to use toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls.  Here is what I came up with:



I love these wreaths I've been seeing on Pinterest and other places, and its similar to a wreath I made back in the spring, you can read the post here.

 I started by collecting some paper towel and toilet paper rolls. I think I ended up using about four paper towel rolls, and five or six toilet paper rolls. I painted them all white, smooshed the rolls flat, and trimmed the rolls into 1" wide pieces.  For the base I trimmed some strips of paper 1/4" wide and glued several layers into a circle.  I then started hot gluing my 'leaves' until the wreath was the size I wanted.



For decoration I tied some small pieces of sparkly ribbon, and added some poinsettias that I made in the same manner as you can find in this post.  I had made several sizes of the flowers as I had intended to use them on various cards and projects but never got around to using them.  I found they worked perfectly here.  I added some glitter pen and I was finished!

Now its your turn! Create your altered project (it can be anything) and link it up at Craft Your Passion Challenges by Sunday December 30th in order to be included in the draw.  Make sure to check at the main blog for prizes and sponsor information.

And don't forget to visit the rest of the DT and see the lovely inspiration they've created for you!


I used the following products to make my project:

Altered Material:  Toilet Paper Rolls and Paper Towel Rolls.

Card Stock:  Neenah Solar White.

Stamp:   Delicious Doodles Poinsettia

Markers:  Bic Rambunctious Red, Prairie Berry, Yellow Blaze, Margarita Green.  Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star.

Paint:  White acrylic.

Emellishments:  May Arts Curly Ribbon

Adhesive:  Scotch Quick Dry, hot glue sticks, foam squares.

Tools:  Paint brush, scissors, glue gun

1 comment:

  1. Cathy! Never would have thought of that with the TP rolls! How creative! I made a book once with three flattened rolls... I could slide gift cards into each roll. But never thought about cutting them like that and making a wreath! Cool!
    `ginny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)