Monday 31 December 2012

Craft Your Passion #143 Get Well Soon

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!  Wow 2012 certainly went by fast, hopefully 2013 will be as great and eventful, and I wish everyone a very Happy New Year!  With that said it is Monday so that means its time for another Craft Your Passion Challenge.  If cold and flu season hasn't hit your area yet it is bound to be on its way, so this time we are asking you to create a 'Get Well Soon' card.  Here is what I came up with:


I started with this image from sponsor Stamp Fairy called Lenny.  I was thinking that Lenny is feeling a little blue, except for his sore nose, so I coloured him accordingly.  I corner rounded the corners and inked the edges of the panel he is on and went about constructing the rest of my card.


I chose some patterned papers and card stock, cut everything down and inked the edges.  I formed the main panel, added some burlap ribbon, and some blue rickrack.  The main panel was adhered to the card front, and Lenny was foam taped over the ribbon.  I added some twine to a nice big button, and added it to the card also with foam tape to ensure it stuck well.  Lastly I added the little sentiment banner.


For the centre of the card I stamped the coordinating sentiment on white, inked the edges, and matted with the same patterns.



Now its your turn!  Create your 'get well' project and link it up at Craft Your Passion Challenges by Sunday, January 6th.  Make sure to check out the blog to see what prizes are being offered this week.  And don't forget to visit the rest of the DT.  They have created some lovely projects as always!  :)


I used the following supplies to make my card:

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs In the Navy, Neenah Desert Storm, October Afternoon Woodland Park.

Stamp:  Digital - Stamp Fairy Lenny  Rubber - Stampin' Up! Petite Pairs.

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Blue Iris.

Embellishments:  May Arts jute twine, Really Reasonable Ribbon burlap ribbon, Rickrack ribbon, button from stash.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Ranger blending tool, We R Memory Keepers Corner Rounder.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    he looks great in his bleu color. And the backgroundpaper is so nice.
    Lovely greetings, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper choices Cathy - that one sure makes me dizzy like the poor bear! The best part is that blue button! Love that!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute in blue with his poor little sore nose. Love the layering of the burlap and rick rack along with the big button. Great choice for background paper, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)