Saturday 1 December 2012

Deer Birthday - the fun is not over! :)

The Mark's Finest Papers blog hop is over but I have one more card to show you.


 I started with the stamp, and as I was going through my stash looking for paper to use, I came across this October Afternoon sheet.  This pattern always reminds me of the movie Bambi, and the stamp kind of looks like a grown up Bambi, or Bambi's father, so I thought it would be perfect!

I started with the deer image.  I used the same beige patterned sheet I used in my previous card that used this set (click here to see the last one)  and embossed the deer in black, and added some alcohol marker to shade the image a bit.  This time however, I also added some glitter pen to the eyes and the antlers.   I then fussy cut the image.



As for the main panel, once I had the 'Bambi' pattern I trimmed it to size and chose some other papers - a  sky for matting, and a green sheet to use with the deer.  I then chose some kraft as a card base, and to mat the green pattern and main image.  After inking everything I layered the larger pieces and added some coordinating washi tape and twine. Once added to the card base I layered the smaller panel which was foam taped over the twine, and foam taped the deer to that.


Lastly I stamped the sentiment on a kraft scrap, banner cut the ends and added some glitter pen.


For the inside I stamped a sentiment on an inked piece of kraft, and matted with the same patterns that were used on the front.

I think this set is so cute!  All of the sets were great this month, why not pop on over to Mark's Finest Papers to see the details! :)

I used the following supplies on my card:

Card Stock:  Neenah Desert Storm, October Afternoon Woodland Park, My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Citron.

Stamps:  Marks Finest Papers Oh Deer

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Creamy Brown, Versafine Onyx Black

Embossing Powder: Martha Stewart Clear Gloss.

Markers:  Bic Mark Its:  Tiki Hut Tan, Cloud Nine Grey, Copic W3, 0

Embellishments:  My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Tape, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pen, May Arts Jute Twine.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Foam Squares

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart scoring board, Ranger Blending Tool, heat tool.


I would like to enter my project into the following challenges:

  1. Pile it On - Anything but a Christmas Card
  2. Papertake Weekly - Sketch #74
  3. Simon Says - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card, a great design and layering. Your deer is stunning and perfect with the twine.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy your card is absolutely gorgeous, I love the deer image and the papers are so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is WONDERFUL!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)