Saturday 8 December 2012

Handmade 3-D Embellishment Tutorial

When I decided to make a Christmas ornament tutorial (you can find it here) I thought I would make my own 3-D embellishment.  This is an easy embellishment that can be used for ornaments, tags, cards, or even gifts.  And you don't even need special glasses!


Supplies:

  • Paper of choice.  I used plain white, but you could use any patterned paper, glimmer paper, or specialty paper you like.
  • Stamp set.  I'm using Mark's Finest Papers Poinsettia Blooms.
  • Versamark Watermark Ink.
  • Embossing powder.  I used Stampin' Up! Silver.
  • Anti-static pad.  I'm using an Embossing Buddy from Stampin' Up!
  • Coffee filter to catch your extra embossing powder.
  • Heat tool.
  • Foam Squares.
  • Glitter pen.
  • Scissors.
Step 1:


Rub your paper with the anti-static pad, then stamp your image several times with Versamark ink.  I stamped 3 images, you can do as many as you like.

Step 2:

Add embossing powder and tap off the excess into a coffee filter.  I know many people use scrap paper or a plastic embossing tray, but I find powder sticks to embossing trays, and I would rather use my scrap paper for projects.  Also I find that coffee filters contain the powder better are easier to direct the excess powder back into the jar.  

Step 3:

Heat emboss your images.

Step 4:

Fussy cut your images making each one smaller than the last.  


Step 5:

Add foam tape to the back of each image.

Step 6:

Add glitter pen to the smallest image.

Step 7:

Layer your images making sure they line up before adhering.


You're finished!


Your 3-D embellishment is complete! Isn't it pretty?!  Click here to see my completed project. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)