Monday 17 December 2012

MFP Sneak Peak - Shoes, Purses, and Recipies


Hi everyone!  Tomorrow is the start of the Mark's Finest Papers monthly blog hop, so that means that some of the DT are featuring the mini and extra sets.  We have some great ones this month so read on!


The first set I'll show you is the extra called "You've Got Style".


This is a really cute set.  I came up with two cards, here is the first card:


I started by stamping the shoe and purse images randomly in Versamark and heat embossing in clear.  I then sprayed with multiple sprays and when dry added a bit of ink with my blending tool.  Some ribbon was added after matting the piece with black, and adhered to the grey card base.  I added my sentiment, and some rhinestones.  Glitter pen was added to the sentiment.


For the centre I stamped another sentiment accented with glitter pen, added some ink, and matted with black.


I love this set!  So much so I thought I would play with some paper piecing:


I started by selecting some sheets of patterned paper and stamping the images with Versafine ink. Once I trimmed out my images I constructed the rest of the card. I decided on a black card base, and scored it to make a money holder.  I used the black and white pattern for the background, inked with black around the edges.


I added some washi tape, black ribbon, and a hat pin before adhering to the card base.  I chose a ledger for the smaller pattern matted with black and foam taped over the ribbon.  The shoes and purses were foam taped to the smaller panel, then some bright pink rhinestones were added as accents. I kind of went all out with the rhinestones, lol.


For the centre I used the same black and white pattern on the top half with a banner cut sentiment, and a boot stamped on argyle paper.  The boot went over the fold so I scored it after adhering.  For the bottom half over the pocket I added some inked white matted with another pattern, stamped with a birthday sentiment from an older MFP set.  The blue shoe finished the card off!

This is a really fun set, great for girly cards of all types.  This stamp set would be a great addition to your collection!

The second set we are featuring today is a mini set that comes when you buy the four main sets that will be featured in our blog hop starting tomorrow. This is another great set called "Recipe Completer".


I happen to really like desserts (who doesn't, lol) and so I was inspired to make a birthday card by the main sentiment:




Once I decided on the sentiment I chose this cherry patterned paper, and other patterns and papers to coordinate.  I cut everything down, layered it together, added ribbon and assembled.  No inking this time, the papers are too bright and fun for that!


I finished the card front off with the sentiment stamped on a lovely piece of blue, added some glitter pen and foam taped it in place.  I added some green rhinestones to finish it off.


For the centre of the card I chose a ledger sheet from the same paper pack with some fun images on it.  I stamped the sentiment and added more glitter pen.  The sheet was matted with the same colours used on the front and adhered.


The sentiment comes from the upcoming set called "Recipe Card Starter".  It coordinates really well with "Recipe Completer" so make sure to come back to see what projects we come up with during the hop!


Here are the supplies I used to make my cards:

Card #1 -

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs Moonlit Fog, Onyx Black.  Neenah Solar White.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers You've Got Style

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark Watermark Ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Charcoal

Embossing Powder:  Martha Stewart Clear Gloss

Mists:  Studio Calico Mister Huey Boss Lady, Pinstripe, Manila.

Embellishments:  Ribbon from stash,  rhinestones from stash, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pen.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam squares.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart scoring board, Ranger Blending Tool, heat tool.


Card #2 -

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs Onyx Black, Fancy Pants Love Story 6x6 Pad

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers You've Got Style, Today Tomorrow and Always

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Charcoal, Versafine Onyx Black.

Embellishments:  Ribbon from my stash, Scrappin Supplies rhinestones, Mark's Finest Papers Hat Pins.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, Scotch Quick Dry, foam squares.

Tools: Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart score board, Ranger Blending Tool, heat tool.


Card #3 -

Card Stock:  Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Gina K Designs Jelly Bean Green, My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy Girl.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Recipe Completer.

Ink:  Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip.

Embellishments:  Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pen, Scrappin' Supplies rhinestones, Really Reasonable Ribbon Burlap, American Crafts Premium Satin Ribbon.

Adhesive:  Scotch ATG, foam squares, glue dots.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Scoring board.

3 comments:

  1. Great set of cards - I can see you love the girly set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous!! Can see you have been having some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! Fabulous DP choices to go with each set!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)