Tuesday 15 January 2013

MFP Featured Designer and Scrunchie Flower Card

Hi Everyone! With the blog hop going on it is a very exciting week for us Design Team members at Mark's Finest Papers, and on top of that I'm the featured designer on the blog this week!  How exciting is that?!


When featured each designer comes up with a tutorial.  Since I love them so much I decided to put together a tutorial for scrunchie flowers which you can find here.  These are really easy to put together and can add a lot to your projects.  This is the project that resulted once I finished the tutorial:


Once I had all of my flowers made the card was fairly simple.  I decided to go with a kraft card base to go along with the flowers, and kraft panel with rounded corners.  I stamped the image from Ivy & Blossoms over the entire main panel and foam taped the panel to the card base.



I stamped the sentiment on a banner strip and added glitter pen.  The last touch was to add a bow.  The centre was kept simple by just stamping another sentiment.



I love making these flowers, and now you can too!  Enjoy!  :)


I used the following supplies to construct my card:

Card Stock:  Neenah Desert Storm

Stamps:  Marks Finest Papers Ivy & Blossoms

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink Chestnut Roan

Embellishments:  Ribbon from stash,  Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star, handmade scrunchie flowers.

Adhesive:  Foam tape, glue dots, Scotch Quick Dry.

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart scoring board, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

8 comments:

  1. Your Scrunchie flowers are adorable= very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Fabulous tutorial very detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,
    Beautiful card and awesome tutorial. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers.

    Melissa
    scraplady202@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for creating the tutorial. I am definitely going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful scrunchie flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)