Sunday 10 February 2013

A Cup of Coffee three ways - Card Class Day 10

Wow, day 10 of the Clean and Simple Card Making 2 class has already come and gone!  This class went by fast, and I feel I've learned so much.  I really enjoy Online Card Classes so I can't wait to see what they come up with next. :)

For the final lesson homework we were asked to use a stamp in three different ways. I actually ended up making four cards.   I used the following set from Mark's Finest Papers:


I decided to use the stamp of stacked cups.  I've been wanting to used this one for a while, and I decided to finally sit down and figure out what to do.

I started with the following card:




I chose washi tape first and water coloured the image to coordinate.  I also came up with this card:




I like the layout of this one but I'm not as happy with my colouring.  I may try this again later with some different colours.  For the next card I thought it would be fun to just use one of the cups:



This was a really fun one and I love the colours. This card inspired me to do the next one:




 Of the bunch these last two are definitely my favourites.  Between them I can't decide which one I like more.  In addition, I've decided that sequins are my new favourite embellishment  (thanks Kirsten!). :)

I used the following supplies:

Card #1 - 

Card Stock:  Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Pure Ivory.  Water colour paper (don't remember where its from).

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Oh, Beans!, Today Tomorrow and Always

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin' Up! Going Grey

Markers:  Stampin' Up!  Stampin' Write

Embellishments:  My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Washi tape, Twinery Baker's Twine

Adhesive:  Foam squares

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart scoring board, water brush, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.


Card #2 - 

Card Stock: Neenah Solar White

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Oh, Beans!, Today, Tomorrow and Always

Ink:  Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black

Markers:  Copics, Bic Mark Its

Embellishments:  Twinery bakers twine, Recollections sequins

Adhesive:   Foam squares, Glossy Accents

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Scoring Board


Card #3 - 

Card Stock:  Neenah Solar White

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Oh, Beans

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black

Markers:  Copics, Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write

Embellishments:  Recollections sequins.

Adhesive:  Foam squares, Glossy Accents

Tools:  Paper Trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Scoring Board.


Card #4 - 

Card Stock:  Neenah Solar White

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Oh, Beans

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black

Markers:  Copics, Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write

Embellishments:  Recollections sequins.

Adhesive:  Foam squares, Glossy Accents

Tools:  Paper Trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Scoring Board.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you have really explored this set. I like that little single cup and I have to admit the sequins do look great - might have to see if there are any in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different looks you got from your coffee cups. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's totally amazing what you have done with this set! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)