Wednesday 6 February 2013

Pretty Valentine - Card Class Day 2 (A little late)

Hi everyone.  I'm back after a bit of an unplanned break.  My grandfather passed away last week after a long illness, and so I spent most of last week and the weekend with my family remembering and celebrating his 94 years.  He was a great man, and I will miss my Grampy.

Crafting always seems to help soothe the soul, so this week I thought I would try to catch up on the card class and assigned homework.  I have finished several projects already, so you will be seeing quite a few posts over the next few days. Feel free to check back to see my progress. :)

Homework for the day two lesson was to create a one layer card.  Mine was inspired by one designed by Jennifer McGuire.  I changed up the colour scheme, and instead of using the same Inktense pencils she used, I just used my markers scribbled on n acrylic block and a water brush.  I like the idea that I can get 'messy' with a clean and simple card.



Here are the supplies I used:

Card Stock:  Water colour paper from stash.

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Love, Love, Love

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Markers:  Stampin' Up Orchid Opulence, Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Real Red.  Sakura Gelly Roll clear star, Zig fine tip black.

Adhesive:  Ranger Glossy Accents

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart scoring board, water brush, heat tool, acrylic stamping block (as a palette).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)