Wednesday 6 February 2013

Stamp Versatility - Card Class Day 5

The Clean and Simple Card Making lesson for day 5 was a very useful one designed to help you get as much out of your stamps as you can.  As home work we were asked to brain storm and think of three different ways to use a particular stamp, then use one of those ideas to create a card.  I was using a stamp set from Mark's Finest Papers called Love, Love, Love.  'Tis the season after all, lol!  Here is the set:



When brainstorming I was thinking of the rose stamp.  I really love botanical stamps as they can be used all year.  Of course, it being February I couldn't help but think of Valentine's Day when coming up with some ideas.

My first idea was to stamp the rose in black on a white card base several times in rows.  I would only colour one of the images, then add a sentiment on a banner strip adhered with foam tape.

My second idea was to heat emboss the rose in white on a kraft card base.  I would lightly colour the image, probably water colour with a smidge of brown ink to keep everything monotone, a bit of bakers twine, and a sentiment strip.

For my third card I used Julie Ebersole's technique with water based makers to colour the rose three times, then trimmed it out and layered it to make a 3-D Embellishment.  Rather than explain the rest of my idea I will just show you:




I used the following supplies:

Card Stock:  Neenah Desert Storm

Stamps:  Mark's Finest Papers Love, Love, Love

Ink:  Versamark Watermark Ink

Embossing Powder:  Recollections Fine Detail Snow.

Markers:  Stampin' Up!  Rose Red, Pink Passion, Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star

Embossing Folder:  Lifestyle Crafts Sweet Heart

Adhesive:  Foam Squares

Tools:  Paper trimmer, bone folder, scissors, Martha Stewart Scoring board, Cuttlebug, heat tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)