Saturday 8 June 2013

Get Inspired - Tulips

Hi Everyone!  Its my turn to contribute for our Get Inspired column over at MFP Speedy TV!


Last week MariLynn used the belowpicture she took at a local Tulip festival .  Click here to see the beautiful card she made last week.


Tulips!  I love tulips, they are one of my favourite flowers.  And the little blue flowers at the bottom are so sweet.  This is what I came up with:


I used the same tulip stamp that MariLynn used from MFP set called "Spring Things". Its perfect for this card! I coloured the image, trimmed it out and popped it up on foam tape.


The background was dry embossed with a texture that reminds me of vines and leaves, and to represent the blue flowers I made some washi tape flowers.


The little polka dots on the tape reminds me of how tiny the little blue flowers are in the picture. I think the jute twine adds an organic feel.


This was fun!  Make sure to click here to see MariLynn's original card.  Its so much fun to see how we each approach our inspiration every week.  What will you come up with?

As I mentioned before, this post is part of the  Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV .   If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

So thats it for me this week! Next week I will have some new inspiration for you.  In the meantime our June blog hop starts on Tuesday, and a sneak peak will be on Monday.  I hope to see you then!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)