Saturday 3 August 2013

Get Inspired - Lilies

Hi Everyone, happy Saturday!  Its my turn to contribute for our Get Inspired column over at MFP Speedy TV!


My card this week uses inspiration provided by MariLynn last week, a photo of beautiful Surprise Lilies in her garden:


You can find MariLynn's card here.  I love the muted tones she used in her card, they complement the photo very well.  When I first saw her photo I thought I might use a similar colour pallet and a vintage feel, but in the end I decided to use soft colours similar to the photo, but with a white base and background panel to keep things a bit more crisp.  


You can see I used a composition reminicent of the photo, and I really love how the blossoms are bunched together in the photo so that was the effect I was going for.  The stamp for the flowers is not actually a flower stamp, it comes from a MFP mini set called "Wings"


I stamped the wings on vellum, heat embossed them, and coloured the back side of the vellum sheet before fussy cutting them out.  Turned on their sides I love how the two wing stamps look like flowers! I also love how the slightly translucent vellum gives the flowers a softer feel. I wish you could see them in person because the photo doesn't really do them justice.


As I layered the flowers, adhering them with glue dots, I also added stems by adhering embroidery thread with liquid glue (I like Scotch Quick Dry but I think any liquid glue that dries clear would work well).  A sentiment MFP set called "Glad Glads"  was adhered over the stems with foam tape and some gems finished off the card front.  I left the inside of the card blank so I could add a sentiment when I'm ready to use the card.


I really love this card, and I love how when you look at both mine and MariLynn's card you can clearly see how we derived inspiration from the photo, but yet our cards are so different! Are you inspired to create? If so please link your creation below, we would love to see what you come up with!

As I mentioned before, this post is part of the  Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV .   If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

So thats it for me this week! Next week I will have some new inspiration for you, see you then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)