Saturday 26 October 2013

Get Inspired - Garden Gate Part 2

Hi Everyone, happy Saturday!  Today its my turn to contribute for our Get Inspired column over at MFP Speedy TV, and I'm a little late posting today so I hope you'll forgive me.  I hope you like what I have to show you!


Today I am using a beautiful photo provided by MariLynn last week. She took the photo while travelling, and I don't blame her for stopping.  Such a pretty scene!  Click here to see her original post along with her lovely card.   



So pretty! I also love a white picket fence, and the addition of the flowers make a perfect scene to pull inspiration from.  Here is what I came up with:





I enjoyed making this card.  I used one of my favourite stamp sets Mark's Finest Papers released in October, called "Huge Blooms".   You can definitely see where I was inspired by the entire image, using strips of white (a great way to use scraps) trimmed diagonally, and some leftover laser cut leaves ribbon behind a layered flower.  I used my water based markers to colour the image that I had heat embossed.  I'm so happy with the results. :)

What do you think, are you feeling inspired? If you are we'd love it if you leave a link in the comments! 

As I mentioned before, this post is part of the  Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV .   If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

So thats it for me this week! Don't forget that the main blog is having their 12 days of Christmas Challenges and Tutorials.  Lots of holiday inspiration to be had!  Next week I will return some new inspiration for you, see you then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)