Saturday 18 January 2014

Roses in January - Get Inspired Week 2

Hi Everyone, happy Saturday!  Its my turn to contribute for our Get Inspired column over at MFP Speedy TV!


My card this week uses inspiration provided by MariLynn last week, a lovely photo of  her Mom's roses:


When thinking of roses I thought of a set from last year called "Love, Love, Love". Here is what I came up with:






Of course the stamp set is Valentine themed, and so I decided to make a Valentine's day card.  I decided to use a paper tole technique with the rose by stamping and embossing the flower image three times, colouring the image then trimming out the flowers layering for a demensional look.  I also used some dry embossing, pulling out my favourite Valentine's day folder and embossing some wood grain patterned paper, and some vellum with a lace embossing folder.  I sanded the pattened paper so that the words would be emphasized.  I used a distressing tool on the lace to give the edges some texture.  This was a surprisingly quick card considering all of the techniques used here.  I really like how it came out.

Are you inspired to create? If so please link your creation below, we would love to see what you come up with!

As I mentioned before, this post is part of the  Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV .   If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and card making with MFP stamps.  In addition to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

Thats it for me this week! Next week I will have some new inspiration for you, see you then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)