Saturday 19 April 2014

Get Inspired - Rainbow Feathers

Hi everyone!  Its Saturday which means its time for some cardmaking inspiration!


This week its my turn to share something I've found inspirational. Of course I turned to Pinterest, and I found this beautiful picture from Caseycreative on Etsy.

Colorful Feather Watercolor Drawing/Painting

Here is what I came up with:





I decided to use Mark's Finest Papers  set called "Be a Showoff" and play with some watercolouring. After stamping and embossing my image I used my water brush and some markers to add colour in rainbow order.  Once dry I added some glitter pen, rhinestones, and doodled lines.  I was going to keep things white on white, but I decided in the end that a black frame balanced things out nicely.

Please don't forget to go to the Get Inspired page at MFP Speedy TV next week to see what MariLynn does with this image.  There are so many different things she could do! Feel free to share your own creations with us by linking them below.  :)

If you are not a member of MFP Speedy TV, its a free social networking site focused on stamping and cardmaking with MFP stamps.  In additon to our column you will find lots of inspiration, including other informative columns on a daily basis, so why not click over and see what you are missing!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL art, Cathy! So lovely. The feathers are so on trend, and you did an amazing job. I'd love to have you stop by and share with us/play along at Word Art Wednesday Always Anything Goes, and we'd LOVE having you! I plan to stop by MFP this week as well.
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I read them all and appreciate every word! :)